An awesome game!
This game is one of my favorite time-killers. Whenever I am bored the odds I'll play this game increase and when I finally think of it, I always feel good just because I know I am going to play it! But enough about me, on to the game itself...
The concept isn't new. Actually, this game starts from the very base of defense games, and then extends it to a complex system of combos and chains. That is something I really like about the game: you and the enemies start off weak, but throughout the game you will have to play smartly to stand a chance against the numberless waves of enemies!
The idea of combos is new to me, and makes the game even more interesting by forcing you to make decisions about which combo you'll build up next. And then, when you finish building and upgrading your turrets, you are rewarded with a moment to breath as the foes get instant-raped by your awesome combo setup.
The main downside of the game are the graphics, which are close to nothing, to be honest. Some Windows icons attacking a square full of stickmen isn't exactly top-of-the-line visualization...
Fortunately, this is greatly compensated by the amazing gameplay. 98% of the time, it feels like you control the situation perfectly. The other 2% are quite a problem though, because the turrets won't always shoot the enemy you'd want them to.
About the sound... The absence of music isn't really a problem to me, as I like to listen to my own music while playing games, but an optional background track wouldn't have been too much, at all. Also, sound effects are sometimes appreciated.
Another positive element would be the boosting turrets, which again, require a strategy if you want to optimize your defenses.
To end this review, I'll just say you deserved a big 5/5!